- Flexible JSON serializer for converting between .NET objects and JSON
- LINQ to JSON for manually reading and writing JSON
- High performance, faster than .NET’s built-in JSON serializers
- Write indented, easy to read JSON
- Convert JSON to and from XML
- Supports .NET 2, .NET 3.5, .NET 4, Silverlight and Windows Phone
The serializer is a good choice when the JSON you are reading or writing maps closely to a .NET class.
LINQ to JSON is good for situations where you are only interested in getting values from JSON, you don’t have a class to serialize or deserialize to, or the JSON is radically different from your class and you need to manually read and write from your objects.
Read about it here: http://james.newtonking.com/pages/json-net.aspx